Friday, April 01, 2005

Early day!

Yoo hoo! Woke up at 5:30 am with all kinds of creative ideas, after taking a much needed break yesterday. Using materials left from the Snake Charmer necklace, I've made some links which will be made into a bracelet. It won't match exactly since I'm out of peridot beads...I believe I'll use amethyst this time around.

Yesterday an artist sent a selection of color palettes to our mailing list, and based on those palettes, I've created a large, barrel shaped abstract focal bead, which I'm called "Glazed Pecan" (name of the color combo). It's quite striking, and will be able to be worn as a single bead on a necklace cord, or it can be integrated into other designs. I added some AB crystal flatbacks to it for additional sparkle, as well as dusted it with gold dust. I'll share it later - it's firing right now, and then will need to be glazed.

I felt bad because I didn't work on any pieces yesterday. But I now feel I'm making up for it today! Since it's Friday, I'll be going out to lunch to eat Mexican. YUM! But I'll work on some more artistic creations this afternoon. Possibly a painted ocean bead...or maybe a winter scene with mountains...who knows where the muse will go. :)

No comments: