Monday, April 25, 2005

Who Am I?

I was just looking over our trunk show website...the online show runs this weekend and I was checking out how the site is shaping up. One of the artists...Patricia Norman opens her artist statement with the following:

"Who Am I? After 73 years on this planet one would suppose that I would know who I am.I am a lover of beauty, a quester of unusual items, but do I know who I am? I doubt that any one knows who they are or she is. We are constantly evolving into something different."

As I think about her statement, I realize how true that is. We are constantly evolving into something different. I know *I* have been. If you look at the jewelry I make, my evolution is evident. And as I think back on the types of jewelry I used to make, I can see how much I have changed and changed and changed.

I've also changed what I do in life, the people I choose to be around, and environments. One thing I've always loved to do anything with is jewelry. And I've always been a creator. Those things are constant in my evolution. There are very few people (other than family) who remain a fixture in my life. Paula is one of my "longest" friendships...and I think part of that is because most of our communication is online - she doesn't have to be around me personally! LOL

I've worked in offices, doing secretarial work, accounting, and other what I considered "boring" things. I've been a waitress, worked at an entertainment facility (one of my FAVE jobs ever!), I'm a published author, owned a publishing company...I'm a certified past life therapist...I've studied the legal field intensely, studied herbs, metaphysics, and all forms of healing. But I've evolved from all of those into becoming somewhat of a recluse from the world and staying in a warm, comfortable home, making my creations and putting them out there.

I'm a believer...I have faith...I'm a dreamer...I'm a romantic. Those things are constant....they always exist in me. Yes, I still believe in true love...that one day I will have the "relationship of my dreams". Course I might be 73 when I get it, and you know what? I bet who I am will have changed again and again and again by then. No wonder relationships are difficult...I keep changing. Change is invetible...I just wonder, can it be slowed down at all?

No comments: