Sunday, April 03, 2005

A FIND! Pink Asscher Cut HUGE CZ Ring

Oh I had such FUN at the flea market yesterday! I acquired some great old strands of unique antique glass beads to use in my creations. I also acquired this HONKIN' pink Asscher cut CZ ring. The center stone is 18mm square. A 10mm square is 6.00 carat...so this one must be 8-10 carat. It's a heavy ring too! It has 2 clear trillants on the sides. Normally when I add CZ rings to my collection, I strive for 10k or 14k white or yellow gold for the settings. This ring is sterling with a gold overlay (marked 925 and another mark which is either WG or WC). Eventually I plan to have these stones reset in solid gold. I bought it specifically for the center stone. Asscher cut CZ's are very, very expensive and hard to find in this size (in fact I've never seen one this size). Here are some photos of this *beauty*!









Isn't it just STUNNING?????? :) The stone is a lighter pink than these photos show. It's sort of a powder pink. Finding this beauty made my trip to the flea market really worthwhile!

No comments: