Tuesday, April 26, 2005

HazelNut Creamer & Rain

What makes a rainy, dreary, cloudy day better? A cup of coffee with Hazelnut creamer in it. You know, I've never been one to have sugar or cream in my coffee. Somehow, I ended up having Hazelnut coffee several months ago. What a delicious treat!

When I went to buy more, I discovered my Kroger had stopped carrying it! The quest for Hazelnut coffee began. It was nowhere to be found and I was devastated! I went back to Kroger for weeks on end, thinking they were just "out". When the tag disappeared from the shelf, I knew I was out of luck. I forced back a scream. And as I turned around, grasping my head in dismay, I saw this shelf with creamers...and lo and behold, there was HAZELNUT. Elated, I picked up a jar and brought it home to try. The rest is history...now I can't live without it.

And as I was outside just now listening to the birds singing with a chorus of gentle rainfall in the background, I sipped on my concoction, and realized as I tasted the sweetness, how grand life really is. I smiled to myself, as the warmth of this wonderful feeling washed over me.

For an instant, I thought it couldn't get any better. And then I remembered the feel, the taste, the aroma, of sweet chocolate. Okay, so it can get a little better...as chocolate borders on orgasmic...but for this morning, I'll settle for the sweetness of Hazelnut. :)

No comments: