Saturday, April 16, 2005

It's all Bobbi's fault.....

...that I am fooling around with yet another technique with the PC. She posted about these terrific art beads. Figuring out how they are made is the hard part. No, I take that back. Experimenting is the hard part! LOL But it's fun.

I figure the beads are either made one of two ways - using a transfer technique with the liquid sculpey, or colored on with color pencils after baking and then rebaked and finished.

This morning I've already tried the transger technique. It was a flop, just like the last time I tried it. And the instructions online make it look SO EASY. Ha!

So now I am trying technique #2. I made the base bead. Then made my drawing in pencil (graphite). Now I'm firing the bead. After baking and cooling, I will then tint my design with the colored pencils. Then I'll rebake for a few minutes to "set" the color. Then after cooling, I'll either apply my glaze, or apply TLS, rebake and glaze. Depends on how it looks after the color sets.

If the color pencil doesn't work, I'll probably try chalk color. I know chalk does well with PC. But I bet the color pencil will work. I'll post a photo later if this works.

Got all my errands done yesterday. Now I have a clean dog! Bills are paid! Dog beds washed, and car is vacuumed and windows clean. I also managed to get a little sun for about an hour.

Today I plan on more sun and mowing the yard later after the grass dries out from the dew.

I'm frustrated with the weight issue again. I started on the cream again yesterday, but I haven't lost any more pounds in over a week. I know this takes time, but with the way I'm eating and all this physical exercise I've added into my day, I should see better results!

I know, I know...I'm a jewelry and bead maker...which means I am "sitting" alot during my work day...not really an "active" job and I probably need to get even MORE activity in my days for this to work. So I'm pondering that. I can't eat much less than I do. (about 1,000 calories most days, with one or two slightly bigger meals out a week...avg of about 1200 per day)

Well it's time to go check on the bead to see if it's done firing yet. More later!

No comments: