Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A glorious day!

Okay, so I'm trying to sound "positive". LOL My day started with weighing and discovering that pound and a half I lost for 2 days is back. I don't understand that, being I've spent a good part of the last 2 days in the loo. I know, it's extra air I'm taking in from all this exercise. Bahahahahaha!

I ended up getting pissed off at the weight thing, and took off for a brisk 1.30 mile walk this morning. At the end of the walk, I see my neighbor had set a 19" tv - with remote! - beside the road. So I picked the SOB up and hauled it up the hill to my house.

See my daughter's TV is on the blitz and she needs a new one. I thought I'd just got lucky! Until I got it in, plugged it up and found out the picture is on the blink. Damn! I thought for sure maybe they had just gotten a better tv and didn't want this one anymore...after all, they had set the remote on top of it (batteries not included). But no........

So I do a little research for parts on the net. After all, this TV was manufactured in May 2003 so it's not that old. Can't find parts...but find the number to a service center here. I call to inquire about price. First of all, they are just now working on TV's brought in the first of March. So that tells me I've got a pretty long wait. They want a $20 deposit. I just want a PRICE I tell her. I tell her it's the picture tube (I think) since the picture is not working. She tells me I can buy *2* new TV's for the price of a picture tube and having it installed. I tell her goodbye.

I mean, let's get real here...I can buy a working used phillips TV (bigger screen too) down here at the hotel furniture store for $60. It looks like that's what I'll be doing - as soon as I get some $$ to do so. Bead sales have been non-existant for almost 2 months and the cabinets are bare...a TV will have to wait.

So now I have this non-working TV sitting on the dining room floor. Whoopee! A grand way to start my day...the darn thing is pretty heavy - guess I could lug it around the house and call it "lifting weights". :)

Oh, speaking of "getting real", Dr. Phil appeared in my dreams again last night. And no, I'm not having this obsession with him. I don't understand it...I have watched him and Oprah for years and they have NEVER appeared in my dreams. I wonder if his "presence" is trying to tell me something. I need to quit watching him. LOL

I also need to quit eating foods like rice, corn and popcorn. I have figured out these foods that are in "little pieces" and aren't chewed up real well because they are so small, are foods my inards don't like..........

Oh gosh, I guess that's more than you wanted to know....I need to talk about beads or something. But that's something else that's frustrating me. Or "exhaus-trating" me (exahusting + frustrating).

I'm trying this new technique and learning a few things. It's been hell to figure out how to consistently do what I want to do. And unlike my other techniques, this one I'm keeping to myself. It's taken me too long and too many mistakes to figure out how to get this artistic look I'm after now and I don't plan on sharing in any way on this other than SALES.

Guess I should get moving...get a bath and try another bead in the way I THINK will work consistently (I won't know for sure until I try yet again.........)

Lator Gators,
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the details on the "little pieces"