Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Today...An Article...Love

Good morning WORLD! Okay, so it hasn't been so good so far...I had all these plans to get the dog to the groomer today and wash her beds, lay them in the sun to dry, vacuum the car, etc. All this "outside" stuff. Well, I'll be darned if it's not *raining* again. Sigh. I changed her appointment until Friday when I have to go out anyway. So my day hasn't started as planned, but it gives me the chance to stay in and work on beads and the website today.

First of all, I must get this in my mind and put this at the top of my list today: EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE

There....I think it's rooted in my brain good now!

This morning I worked on the website. I added my free E-book Healing With Color. Wearing jewelry of certain colors can affect healing, so this booklet is a perfect add-on for my site. Check it out if you'd like....just click here.

Then I was going through some of my old articles. Betcha didn't know I am a writer, too, did you? I've published my novel ONE LOVE years ago and have been writing since I was a child. I'm proud to say I'm a multi-published author. You can find several of my works on the internet. But I came across this article this morning and thought I'd share it here. Maybe someone reading this will find it interesting:

LOVE By Michele J. Johnson

Are you dissatisfied with your life? Are you frustrated? Do you have enough LOVE in your life? If you did, you wouldn’t be dissatisfied and frustrated. Why do we become dissatisfied and frustrated when we don’t have love? Perhaps because we are looking for love in all of the wrong places…like in the instance of looking to someone else to "give" us love. No one else can do this. Sure, others can "do" loving things for us - but they cannot actually "give" us love. So then, where does love come from?
WITHIN.

Love can only come from within you. If you are dissatisfied and frustrated at the lack of love in your life, stop looking toward OTHERS to "give" it to you. Begin by loving yourself. Begin by accepting the fact that you are perfect just the way you are. Begin by acknowledging your skills and wonderful traits and talents and being grateful for them. Begin by patting yourself on the back when you do something well. Stop looking to others…because then you give your power over to them instead of keeping it inside of you where it belongs.
Only you can give yourself love. When you love yourself, you then can feel compassion and do loving things for others. You’ll be living in a loving state of mind, which will bring loving acts and experiences into your life. The dissatisfaction and frustration will be gone from your life. The confusion as to where love should be coming from will be gone…you’ll know it comes from right inside of you!
On a CD I was listening to last night, I heard something along this line - "We are all connected, we are all one. When we think a thought, that thought goes into the universal oneness and connects us with all other similar thoughts." This told me that when you are loving yourself and thinking loving thoughts about yourself, you will "tune in", so to speak, to the radio station LOVE. That’s what you’ll receive back - LOVE. When you are thinking critical and negative thoughts about yourself, you’ll turn into the NEGATIVE, CRITICAL radio station, and that’s the kind of music you’ll hear. You’re in control of this - you decide which station to tune into. Just keep in mind, whichever one you turn into will generate the type of music appropriate for that particular station. You can decide, and make a conscious effort to tune into a station which will generate loving feelings and thoughts toward yourself, or you can decide on the "other" station.
So if you are dissatisfied and frustrated with your life and the events of your days - perhaps take a look at the dial of your personal thought radio station…it might be time to change channels to one which produces more of the kind of music you wish to hear.
Now, go do something loving for yourself. It doesn’t matter what, as long as it feels good to you. Pick something you enjoy - and do it freely - knowing that you deserve it!
© 2000 Michele J. Johnson. All Rights Reserved. May not be reprinted without permission.

No comments: