Saturday, April 09, 2005

UGH

No new beads to show. Yesterday ended up being one of those days when "nothing was working". I finally tossed up my hands about 7 last night and gave up and even left my studio/office for the rest of the evening!

I hate it when I have days when nothing works. And of course, I try to reason things out - as to "why". For some reason I got it in my mind I wanted to make a chicken bead. A pretty patterned, yet cute, chicken bead. Well, I don't do "cute" things very well...I'm more into beautiful, elegant, striking, than I am "cute". The only cute bead I've done is a portrait of Garfield, and I think the reason that worked is because I love Garfield.

But I had seen these lampwork chicken beads I really liked. Each one was different and unique. So I thought, well, this might be able to tie in with Paula's website One Powerful Chick that she's working on. I could call it the One Powerful Chick bead. And make it over and over, with different colors and patterns so each would be unique and different, like us.

But the design I tried flopped. So I tried again - another flop. So I tried a couple of different beads....flop flop flop. So I finally started working on another Garden Fairy bead...this one is not complete, but I *think* it might actually work.

The chicken, however, has me stumped. My daughter likes the one I actually went forward with and finished - I hate it. I told her no more chickens!

So I wake up this morning....thinking of what? Chickens! Geez.

Instead of thinking of chickens, I need to answer my emails - I have several which came in during "chicken creation" and they are still sitting there. Darn chickens anyway. UGH.

And as I sit here rambling on, I wonder why am I writing all this? But then I also wonder.....why are YOU reading it? :)

Back to the drawing board, which I've currently re-named The Artist's Nightmare.

No comments: