Monday, May 02, 2005

Success!

The show went well for me! I ended up selling 25 beads and 2 pendants. None of my actual "trunk show jewels" sold, but I did get a lot of exposure, so that was wonderful.

After shipping my orders, I spent the entire morning revamping my site - trimming down categories and adding the new ones for my upcoming lines. Now I'm going to spend time developing the lines. I chose to have 2 different lines...one is the VOGUE line which will feature modern, contemporary pieces using my inlay work and also some sculptural work. And then I chose the NOSTALGIA line, which will feature embedded images from vintage postcards in different themes. Each line has a category for pendants, bracelets, necklaces, earrings and brooches. And these of course will be designs I can easily make again and again. I'll be hoping to get some store accounts this year, as well as some direct retail sales from my website.

And I have made my ART JEWELRY category separate to put my one of a kind pieces into, and then my BEADS category for the beads & cabs I make as well.

So I feel satisfied because I sold a bunch this weekend and because I got organized and have my "plan" mapped out better.

It was a very fun weekend, chatting with all the ladies in the show and the visitors to the trunk show website. I enjoyed talking with everyone...it's more like a real conversation than email is. All in all, I feel is was a great success for the Designer's Guild's first show! Kudos to all the ladies who worked so hard to put it together!

No comments: