Thursday, May 26, 2005

Good MORNING World!

Ah, and what a beautiful morning it is here in West Tennessee! I thought I'd post a little update about my weight after my "sweet tea" discovery. I'm now at 157.5! Amazing, isn't it? Cutting the sugar in the tea - and cutting back on the amount of tea drank throughout the day - has really made a big difference.

I can't believe I've been struggling with this since Feb, and frustrated as hell, thinking there was something wrong with me...when it was only a wrong assumption and a simple drink...which turned out to be not as small and insignificant as I thought.

I've been able to become a bit trimmer this week because I have spent the past 2 days doing some heavy-duty house cleanup. My dad is coming in today from Colorado, and my brother comes in tomorrow. My dad will be staying about 3 days while my brother will be here for a week. We're having a "mini" family reunion of sorts...we haven't ALL been together like this in probably 15 years and my dad has never even "met" my children (his grandchildren) in person (they are 10 and 11). So I'm very blessed this get-together is occuring and I've been diligently preparing for it, and getting a TON more exercise from mopping, scrubbing, dusting and sweeping. :)

In the middle of all of this excitement, I'm thinking about my next Year in Jewelry piece for week 2. I'm actually going to attempt to make a sunflower cane, which slices of will then be used on finished jewelry items. So the cane will be the base of the project and then one of the finished jewelry items will be selected for week 2. If I get the rest of my cleaning done this morning, I'll be able to start on this project this afternoon before my company arrives.

Right now I'm getting ready for a walk - the weather here couldn't be more beautiful lately...cool mornings and nights and warm days. Flowers blooming everywhere, so their sweet scent fills the air. Colorful gardens are in abundance in my new neighborhood, and I am very grateful to be living here in such peaceful beauty.

Off for a walk I go! :)

No comments: