Saturday, May 14, 2005

Here comes the rain......

AGAIN. Well, at least I managed to get one walk in before it hit. Maybe it's just a passing storm, and will move on out so I can do more walking later.

The scale was friendly this morning! I'm still 159.5. Cool. I say that because I ate Mexcian food at lunch yesterday. But I got my shrimp quesadilla (250 calories) and I ate the chips and dip VERY SLOW, so I ended up eating less. Plus I had only 1/2 a portion of cereal at breakfast yesterday. Still, I expected to go UP in weight and was pleased I didn't.

Hey, here's something neat I did last night...I cut up a fresh green pepper, mushrooms, and fresh carrots. Brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning on them, then grilled the whole concoction on the George Foreman grill for 7 minutes. YUM. I munched on a plate full of those for supper, and they were nice and SPICY (didn't even TASTE like vegetables!). Then I had a piece of whole wheat whole grain bread with just a smidgen of strawberry jam on it for a "dessert" item. And I was comfortable. Th spicy vegetables caused me to drink another big 32 oz cup of water, too.

I had energy after that, and about an hour and a half after eating, I got down on the floor and did 100 exercises for my abs, and 30 leg exercises for each leg. I think I'll add those in at least 5 nights a week from now on and maybe that will speed things up.

My weight goal, btw, is 135. I'd be very pleased with 140, but I really want to get down to 135 and being that certain times of the month I bloat up and stuff, that would in essence make me "float" between 135-140 range and that would be fine.

So when I started, I was 170 (or maybe a pound or two more...I didn't have a scale). Now I'm 159.5, and I need to get to 135. So I'll map this out like this: 170/159.5/135 (started/am now/going to)

Oh I finished MORNING MIST yesterday and wore the set out. Had one lady tell me she loved my opal set, so I guess I did pretty good simulating these! Here's a photo of the set...click the photo to look at the pieces in detail on my site:


I have to admit, this is one of the best sets I've done in the Vogue collection so far. It literally looks like "fine jewelry".
I picked up a mag yesterday with several ads for quaint fashion shops in the area. I'm going to prepare an advertising postcard and start mailing it to these shops, hoping to get some wholesale orders. I'm going to work on my shop database today and postcard too. Then I have an idea for some new pieces in the Nostalgia collection....:)

No comments: