Monday, May 09, 2005

Ready to GIVE UP!

Give up on what? On everything. Sigh.

Obviously, I'm not feeling too great today. It started with getting on the scale. I don't know *what* is going on with me but this weight is just NOT coming off, no matter what I do. For 3 months, I've stayed at an average of 1200 calories a day, plus I've been adding more and more exercise into my day. And over 12 weeks, I had only lost 10 pounds, which is LESS THAN a pound a week.

For my mother's day dinner, I chose grilled catfish (no breading...very healthy, low calorie), a salad, one tablespoon of corn, one measley potato skin, and one biscuit. I had eaten my normal breakfast (cereal/coffee = 250 calories). Other than that, I had the dinner. That was it for yesterday. No beer. I was comfortably full, but didn't over stuff. And I walked 2.40 miles...the day before I had walked 3.60 miles and eaten 1090 calories for the day.

And this morning I'm UP 2 pounds. Does that make any sense? to me it doesn't!

Even the progesterone cream isn't working this time around. It's helping with other female related things, but not helping with the weight near as much as it did before when I was using it.

Someone said I might have a thyroid problem....and I might. But how would I know without going to a doctor, and probably having to take meds or herbals for it. Which.....I have no insurance and no money to pay for that. If I'd have more jewelry sales, maybe I could take care of these things.

Which leads me to my next gripe....I'm ready for this to be a full time business! I get up at 6 am and work most of the day with a few breaks - up until 9 or 10 at night. I have over 130 items on my website, and the ones I'm producing now, I can do production on...meaning I can make the same piece over and over. There's NO REASON I shouldn't be selling $100-$200-$300 per week from my website.

The site is advertised, it's in the search engines, and people seem to like my work because many people write me with positive comments and tell me all the time how creative I am, how my work amazes them, etc. So why the low sales?

I know, I know, it takes time to get out there. I need to get into some stores...which is why I set up the wholesale pricing on my site...and my requirements are minium - buy 5 or more pieces and get 50% off! Individuals can take advantage of it, as can shops.

And then to top things off on this not-so-wonderful Monday, our pretty weather seems to be disappearing today...the clouds are coming in, the sky is dark and dreary, and more than likely we are going to have rain....again. I guess I should go for at least one of my walks before that happens...although I must admit, I'm very discouraged and I don't see any of this effort as paying off at all. :(

No comments: