Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Making of a Bluebird Jewel #1


Yesterday we had rounds of tornados hitting us - the sirens went on for hours and it was nerve-wracking to say the least. Today, the sunshine has returned, and as I sat down in the studio this morning experiencing the peace I longed for yesterday, I looked out my window to see the sweetest sight.

On the holly bush right outside my window, sat a beautiful bluebird. Of course, I didn't have my camera. But I did have my transfer paper and a pencil and I quickly sketched out the outline of what I was seeing. Then I pulled a piece of raw clay out and began to knead it slowly, warming it and forming it into what would now become a tiny art jewel, featuring the bluebird vision I'd just seen.

Today, I will take you on a journey through the making of this pendant. The photo you see above is of my sketch after I completed it, and the raw clay which will form the base of the pendant. As I move along through the day today, you will see a bluebird pendant evolve before your eyes.

InJoy,
Jai

No comments: