Sunday, November 27, 2005

Lunar Offering - Fantasy Centerpiece


This is one of my pieces I call 'Freedom' pieces. I've been so busy this week, I haven't had time to get much new work done. So when I've been out of the studio for a day or so, it takes me a while to get back "in sync". A freedom piece is design made totally "on the fly". No planning, no photo references - just straight out of ME. This is what came out today - I've titled this piece "Lunar Offering". It's a flat, stone-shaped piece, with no hardware attached. I have a lot of jewelry designers as friends, and I thought it would be neat to see what one of them can do using this as a centerpiece in a wire wrap or seed bead design. Alternatively, because it is flat, it will also look great simply displayed as a piece of miniature art on an easel.

Now that I've completed this piece, I'm ready to tackle a more tedious design such as #4 in my cat series of miniature paintings.

Jai

No comments: