Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Arti-Versary Party at the Dickson Gallery!

Last night was the one year anniversary celebration for the Dickson Gallery of Fine Art in Jackson, TN, where I am a member artist. It was a majorly fun event, with tons of visitors and I met so many nice people! Rachel did a fabulous job with everything - two beautiful girls were playing violins inside and there was a saxophone player outside. There were good drinks and lots of great foods. Two of my pendants sold and I have some requests for some other pieces too. Overall it was just wonderful, and I was so excited to be able to attend and meet and greet!

Also, Rachel put up the photo from the Puttin' on the Pink event where my breast cancer awareness necklace was given away. Click this link to see the article and a photo of Rachel and I in VIP magazine.

The winner of the pendant came to the party last night and was wearing the special necklace. I got to finally meet her and it turns out her daughter is a breast cancer survivor. How appropriate the necklace went to a family where it has special meaning - that just brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad my work has made a difference in someone's life...that means a lot to me!

Well I'm off to the studio to make some cross pendants - which I have requests for from some people last night. I'm coming up with my own unique design shape and going to make a few of these up to offer on my website as well as take down to the gallery next week.

Jai

P.S. I'm also working on painting #4 in my miniatures series "100 Fabulous Felines" this weekend. :)

No comments: