Monday, June 13, 2005

Sizzlin Summer Seafood Salad

Thought maybe someone might enjoy this recipe for a salad I've created. I don't have "exact measurements" as I just throw everything together in a huge bowl, giving me enough salad for a few days, but I'll detail it out. I get everything at Kroger for this creation.

First I put 1 bag of iceberg lettuce mix in the big bowl.
Then I add a generous helping of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and stir.
Then I add a little grated parmesean cheese - stir.
I then add Louis Kemp crab delights (the ones cut into chunks already) and stir them in.
Then I cut up fresh tomatoes and add them.
I sprinkle a little more Mrs. Dash and parmesan cheese in for good measure and stir some more.
Then I add seasoned almonds (they have various flavors) by Sunkist and some fresh cut up mushrooms.
Then I add some grated sharp cheddar cheese. Stir it all up, and then on top I put some gourmet croutons, usually cheese and garlic flavor, but I have used other flavors.
Put dressing of choice on (I use honey mustard) and enjoy! It's a great, simple, healthy salad, perfect for summertime. Not to mention, everyone I've served it to loves it! :)

Of course, add in whatever other "goodies" you might want as for vegetables. Sometimes I will also add in the tiny cocktail shrimp too. And pay attention to dressings...my honey mustard dressing is only 80 calories for 2 tablespoons. Whereas the O'Charleys kind they sell in the store is more than twice that in calories!

The Italian flavoring from the spices makes this a really peppy-on-the-tongue dish, encouraging me to drink plenty of water afterwards!

If you like seafood and Italian foods, you'll like this recipe.

No comments: