Friday, June 10, 2005

Additional Solutions for weight loss...

I think I need to find some. Just a recap...

I started working on my weight after my broken foot healed in Feb. February 9 was the actual day I began with changes to my lifestyle. Since then, I have

Cut my food portions in 1/2 (down from 2400-3000 calories per day to 1200-1500 per day)
Cut my drinks with calories in 1/2 or even less
Added 64 ounces (more) of water a day which has since increased to 128 ounces some days more recently
Added 30 minutes of exercise (extra exercise beyond normal daily moving around) a day (7 days a week)
Added 30 more minutes of exercise per day in addition to the above (7 days a week)
Added floor exercise for my abs, legs and arms/chest after the first 2 months...I now do 180 ab exercises, 60 leg exercises, and 30 arms/chest ones every day....7 days a week
Beginning at the first of May, I began mowing the yard once a week - that is an extra 2 hours + of intensive exercise per week.

The results? I have lost 12 pounds in 4 months...an average of only 3 pounds per month. I have only lost 1 inch in the waist and 1 in the gut/hip area over that 4 month period as well.

It seems to me with all the changes I have made to improve my figure, I would have lost more than that. I actually expected to be at my goal weight and shape by now...or almost there. And I'm only 1/3 of the way there...and 3 inches away in my two trouble spots.

I think it's time to look into other solutions. I just don't know what else to do! I can't eat much less...hell, Wednesday of this week I had:

Coffee w/low fat creamer (50)
1 piece of whole wheat toast with a smidgen of strawberry jam (150)
12 triscuit crackers (240)
1 salad with crabmeat, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and honey mustard dressing (normal portion size...nothing over doing it) (300)
3 glasses of sweet tea (300)
128 ounces of water

Total calories = 1,040

How can a person eat much less than that????? The other days (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday) this week I had approx. 1200 calories per day. And yesterday - Thursday...I had (counting the beer I had) 1600 calories.

So in looking back over this analysis, I am doing good on calories and I also exercised every day as listed out above. And I still weigh 158, the same as I weighed on Monday morning. To me, this just doesn't make SENSE. And I've done this before - twice in my life - and those other times everything moved along exceptionally well from making these same lifestyle adjustments. Both other times, I lost 25-30 pounds in 5 months. An average of 5-6 pounds a month, plus I dropped clothing sizes. This time, I am still in the same clothing size as when I started.

I've even been taking the weight loss pills this week that have the green tea extract in them. No change from that either.

I think I need to look into possible thyroid issues. Of course I have no insurance, so a doctor is out. And from what I hear, I really don't want to get on any prescription thyroid meds. So I think I'll look into herbal/natural solutions. Unless someone has some other grand idea?

--------update---------
I am looking at this website: http://inch-aweigh.com/
and I did the calories per day calculation...this is what it is telling me:

You need about 2078 calories during a typical day to maintain your current weight.Remember that this estimate is based on your body weight, height, age, gender, and your average level of activity.Want to lose weight?If you subtract 750 from this figure and consume that amount each day, you should lose one to two pounds a week, as long as you maintain your current activity level and follow a balanced diet. (for me that = 1328 calories and they are saying if I eat that or less, I should lose 1-2 pounds PER WEEK...which is *exactly* what I thought should be happening)

Okay back to my research.

No comments: