Sunday, September 10, 2006

New painting! "Cardinal Fairy" in the Backyard Beauties Collection


Here's my newest work! This is the second in my "Backyard Beauties" collection of beautiful fairies with their little wild bird friends. It's rich and colorful and I'm so pleased with the way the painting turned out!

Photographing and scanning was a nightmare.....gosh, sometimes I wish I had some help with that stuff because OMG it can get tedious. *Especially* when you screw something up and save something over something you shouldn't....and then you spend 3 hours re-doing everything!!!!!! EEK! So much for my "day off"....I've been working since 6:30 this morning and it's now after 8pm.

I feel really good about how this collection is going. Okay, I know this is only the second image. Long range plans for this are to have 12 of the Backyard Beauties. Initial plans were only for 4 of them, but now I'm thinking 12 would be good. The next one on the agenda will be the Hummingbird Fairy. After that a Goldfinch Fairy. After that, I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, I hope you like her! I've got the originals and various print types/sizes on my website and I've also put a few prints on Ebay.

Jai

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cardinal Fairy is absolutely gorgeous Jai!

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Thanks Andrea! I am very pleased with how she turned out. Now I'm working on a hummingbird fairy. I hope to do 12 paintings in this collection in total.