Thursday, September 07, 2006

New Painting! "Blue Bird Fairy"

Ahhhh.....finally I have finished "Blue Bird Fairy"! In my Beyond Imagination Series, I have decided to do certain themed collections. The first collection is called "Backyard Beauties" and each original will be a 9x12" painting on canvas board, each featuring a fairy with a wild bird. The first in the collection is the Blue Bird Fairy, and here she is!

I had SUCH FUN with this painting! The detailing on the glove was really fun, but more than that, I love the tattoo! I couldn't stand that naked arm, so I gave her a Bird of Paradise floral tattoo. And the feathers....I had a BLAST painting them! Now I can't wait to do the rest of the fairies, each themed in colors/style to a different bird! I still haven't decided whether each will have the same style of feathered wings or if I'll do something a bit different on some of them. I'm definitely working towards 4 designs in this collection, but if all goes well, I might expand that to 12. We'll see!

If you are interested in the original painting, and seeing a couple of close up photos, you can see it here.

I've also listed a signed mini print (5x7) on Ebay.

Hope you enjoy her!

Jai

No comments: