Friday, September 02, 2005

Busy week & Pendants for People

Wow - what a busy week I've had and it's not over yet. I *do* have the next bead in the Tropical Aves & Flora neckpiece complete and will be taking photos shortly and showing it. I've also got several other beads and pendants "in the hopper".

I also just finished setting up a project I'm calling Pendants for People. You can read more about it on this website:
http://www.michelejanine.com/p4p.html
Since it's only just been set up, I am currently the only member. I expect other artisans will join me soon, though.

Basically I wanted to do something with what I have to help donate to a charitable organization. In the Pendants for People project, I chose to make donations to the Craft Emergency Relief Fund (http://craftemergency.org/) in an effort to help other artists in times of need.

I began this project after hearing the devastation and wanting to help in some way. While I donated through my usual channels (Red Cross & others collecting locally here), I wanted to do something to specifically aid other artisans who will have to totally rebuild their lives after this horrible event. Pendants for People is going to be my ongoing charitable project I will participate in throughout each year in order to raise donations specifically to help artisans like myself to recover and rebuild their lives.

I've listed my first Pendants for People listing on Ebay...just click the "auctions" tab on the menu at the top of this page to see the listing and make your bids if you want to help!

Jai

No comments: