Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bullet the Scarlet Macaw

Well for some reason I can't get Bullet to upload. Click here to see him on my site. I spent yesterday finishing him up and resdesigning my front page again. Take a look at http://www.michelejanine.com and tell me what you think of the new entry page now! Also, in my gallery, I have added an album called "The Past" which features some of my older art jewelry work and a lot of my colored pencil, pastel and acrylic paintings for viewing. I thought it would be nice for visitors to see my previous artistic creations.

I'm thinking of writing up an article on painted jewelry. Painted jewelry has been popular for well over 100 years and there are all different types out there...hand-painted porcelian, enamel jewelry, tole art jewelry, painted wood, the Russian painted jewels (I love those!), egg art jewelry, and now my polymer painted jewelry. I also like scrimshaw art jewelry...it's not really a painting, more like a line drawing, but the work is so detailed and intricate!

And wood-burned jewelry...I used to do wood-burnings. I made a pineapple wood burning for my mother for her kitchen. I colored it with colored pencil and sealed it. Gosh, I guess that was almost 20 years ago! It's still hanging in her kitchen to this day and looks just as good as the day I made it. I stopped doing wood burnings because the smell from the burning wood was bothering my eyes badly. I've thought about going back and doing some more of those just as a hobby. Maybe someday, as I really liked the way they turned out!

Well off to do my exercises. I lost another pound...9 more to go!

Later,
Jai

No comments: