Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Getting Loose With the Art!

I know you all are EAGERLY awaiting bead #5 in Tropical Aves & Flora, and it's coming very shortly...but I wanted to share some new art pendants I've completed first. I decided to loosen up a little after creating so many realistic pieces.

My first pendant in this style "New Orleans Night" (on Ebay...click auctions above to see) was my first adventure into stepping out of perfectionism into just LETTING GO. It turned out so well, I decided to try a few more like this....the photos are below - please click on each one to see the details as well as see the incredible inspiration photos for the designs:



Hibiscus Dreams...based on a photograph of those beautiful Hibiscus flowers my brother planted for me when he was here in May.



Mardis Gras Happy Hour, based on a fun photo of a float in New Orleans



Blues Tonight, based on a photo of a neon Blues Club sign, from New Orleans

Creating realistic art is very rewarding, yet it is very time consuming to get all of the details as close to exact as possible, especially in such small spaces as the beads and pendants I work with. By letting go with the above works, I realized I am able to create a sense of realism, in a fun and different way, and I think it really helps to eliminate that need for CONTROL I have going on. Right now, it's very difficult time for me (personally), and I feel that letting go is all I can do. My first step is by excuting the letting go in my work, and I am hoping that will carry over and help me to let go of things I have no control over in my personal life.

Off to do a walk on this beautiful morning, and when I get back, Bead #5 in Tropical Aves & Flora will be shown here.

Jai

No comments: