Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New art: All You Need, purple, red & gold abstract


Here's the newest painting, fresh from the studio! "All You Need" is size 30"x24" and features red, purple and gold as the color scheme.
I can't believe I've waited soooooo long to do abstract work. I'm feeling it now....the energy I get from doing these paintings is amazing! And for once in the past 3 years, I'm not stressing over my work. I stress too much when painting realistic pieces, and this is a HUGE refreshing change that I really needed in my life!
I'm so serious about doing these, I just ordered 8 more of the big 40"x30" canvases. I love that size. I've already got a custom order for an office to do a diptych (2 canvases side by side with the pattern/color scheme extending onto both). I've had a few more requests for custom orders so I finally broke down and spent the morning getting my custom page set up on the website. I've discounted my normal rates through the end of the year in an effort to get more of my work "out there" too.
Our end of the month gallery event is coming up this Friday night. It wil be interesting to see the reaction I get there from both customers and other artists. Rachel has several of these abstracts hanging there, so I'm excited!
Well, off to do something I dread....organize my office! EEK! Papers & receipts are starting to take over, so it needs to be done. This afternoon I have to work at the gallery from 2-4, so if you're in Jackson, TN and want to stop by, come on! :)
Love y'all!
Jai

No comments: