Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's all about the elephants today...

THIS FIRST PAINTING SHOWN IS SOLD

Here's the two newest paintings straight from the studio. The first is titled "Elephant Song" and is the same elephant I'd painted on a pendant about 3 years ago. I liked the pose so much, I decided to paint this one again - but this time in acylic on canvas board. It's a small size painting - size 8x10. I have 16x20" prints available on the website as well.

And the second painting is a landscape titled "The Elephant Walk". The original is also an 8x10 on canvas board. I didn't plan to do this painting. I am used to working bigger than 8x10 size, so I mistakenly put too much paint out on the palette. And I *hate* to waste paint. So I took the paint which was left and using the same color scheme, completed "The Elephant Walk", an unusual landscape in the rich, earthy colors of "Elephant Song".

Hope you like them!

Jai

No comments: