Friday, August 03, 2007

Daughtry rocked the house in Jackson, Tennessee! tn


What can I say....WHAT A CONCERT! I won't be able to hear for 3 days, but hey, it was worth it.
Daughtry played to a sold out crowd in Jackson, TN last night. Mom gave me tickets for my birthday, as she knew I like Chris. Since I don't live far from the Civic Center, I was thrilled...got to leave the house with little driving, go see a great show, and get home at a decent time. Sure beats the days when I went to see Garth Brooks and traveled all over the country. That was EXHAUSTING - but worth it! I can remember flying to Lousiana to see Garth, getting about 2 hours sleep and then flying back. Phew. I'm gettin' too old for that now. So this was cool....great of Chris to come to our hometown and sing for us.
The Carl Perkin's Civic Center was sold out. I've been to some other concerts there, but this one takes the cake as far as crowd. There were 3,200 crammed in there...and I mean crammed in. No one noticed the crowds once Chris took the stage. The guy is magnetizing...passionate.
And that's why I like him. I've never been a big rock fan - I've always been more into pop and country. I enjoy rock music, and buy the CD's, but never entertained the idea of going to a rocker concert. So this was really different for me. What appeals to me most is his passion as an artist for what he does. I CAN RELATE. I feel that same passion with my own art, and that's why I keep busting my butt to make it a success. Seeing what Chris has accomplished makes me want to try even harder. IT'S NOT OVER will probably play in my head every time I think about giving up. What a song! Every song is fantastic though. That's what I noticed when I got his CD....all the songs are great - there's not a single one I don't enjoy!
I could tell it's been a while since I've been to a concert. Things have changed. Remember the good old days when the crowd would all hold up their lighters? In the dark, they'd all glow, as everyone listened and sang along. Well no more lighters....now it's CELL PHONES! Yep, those screens flipped open make wonderful glowing light and when I first saw all the little lights down below me, I thought MAN, those are BIG lighters. LOL A few seconds later I realized it was cell phone screens illuminating the room. How fun! Just goes to show you how technology is taking over the world. (and how old I've gotten...LOL)
All in all, it was a great evening, with an aura of total excitement in the air. As loud as that music was, I probably could have heard it at my house if I'd have been sitting outside...but it was much cooler to be there and experience it in person. I still feel the beat of the music in my chest....what a wonderful thing.
Jai

No comments: