Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Art: Southwestern style colors...orange, red, blue diptych


Good morning world! I know I've been quiet here...but I've just been so busy over the weekend. Dealing with personal issues, gallery events, my daughter's birthday....phew. Sometimes it certainly feels like life is spinning out of control, that's for sure! Nothing will calm me down and bring me back to earth more than doing a new painting. Painting keeps me SANE in an INSANE world!
Anyway, this one is titled "Feel the Difference". I normally paint to the music of Cee Cee Winans, but this painting was completed while listening to Liz McKellar, our pastor's wife, who has an EXCELLENT voice. I coerced (i.e. begged, pleaded...etc.:)) Liz into giving me a copy of a demo CD she'd made. The music is fabulous - it's inspirational words to music with a jazzy feel, and it's different than anything I've ever heard. That's how the name of the painting came about...I could FEEL the difference while listening to the CD. She has been blessed with an incredible gift with that voice of hers, and I think it's wonderful she shares it with us each week.
I had two 14"x14" canvases here, so I decided to do a diptych painting with those. They can hang together or separately.
I got my shipment in of eight 40"x30" canvases, so the next ones you'll see me doing are larger pieces of abstract art. I love that size! BIG, but not overly big....the size can fit well just about anywhere.
I hope everyone had a great Labor Day. I'll be "laboring" today, as I have mowing the yard on my schedule today. It hasn't been mowed in probably 6 weeks, since we've had no rain, but it's getting a bit long in a couple spots out back, so I thought I'd go ahead and trim things up and get myself some exercise in the process.
Y'all have a great day!
Jai

No comments: