Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Original Painting (click here to bid now!)

I've just finished this jewel-toned painting of a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo and lucky you if you're reading this....you have a chance if you're quick to bid on him on Ebay this week!

I had such fun with this piece, creating the jewel-like colors to his white feathers. I love his eye and how his expression turned out - click on the photo to see a larger version "up close and personal". This painting I am offering unmatted and unframed. Because of his coloring, I think he will look great mounted on top of a variety of mat board colors - but I figured by offering him unmatted, the buyer could choose the colors right for their home decor.

Although the scan doesn't show it well, this painting DOES have the deckled edges and it will look fabulous mounted ON TOP OF mat board under glass, which gives the artwork a floating effect and I really like using this style in the works I create.

Today I'll be working on another cockatoo painting. I'm still feeling the challenge of painting white feathers, so I figure I'll work in that area for a while!

Jai

No comments: