Saturday, April 22, 2006

Evolution,a Mitsubishi Lancer Illustration

Today I uploaded my color pencil illustration "Evolution" to my publisher's website. This is an example using their framing tool of how this print would look cropped, matted in a 1.5" black mat, and framed in black wood. WOW. Looks nice!

I also set the original art up for sale on my website and yes, it is pricey - but this art involved a lot more work time, as it is a conceptual illustration which took a while to design and draw, plus because it is created on heavy-duty cream colored mat board as the base, my blending time was literally 16 hours! That's *just for blending* the colors. That doesn't include putting all the colors on to start with.

I designed this piece in 2003 when my husband worked for the Mitsubishi department and this car was being released as well as being featured in the movie "Fast and the Furious". To me, this illustration is representative of evolving, becoming ones self, feeling free to be true to who your really are and enjoy life as you pursue and experience your own desires. It is a very important piece of art to me personally, as when I completed the piece, I was finally "evolving" into allowing myself to release the artist within.

Just as my other pieces in my previous post, this is available in a limited edition of 100 signed and numbered prints as well.

Artist Signed, Limited Edition (100) Museum Quality Print, Size 15"x22"
• Ultra-premium, moisture resistant watercolor paper
• Textured, with a matte finish
• Imprinted with UV-resistant archival inks (100+ years of fade resistance when displayed indoors and protected from direct sunlight) to create vibrant, long-lasting art
• Signed by the artist and numbered (i.e. "1/100", "2/100", etc)
• $90.00 (includes shipping)


Soon I will begin work on another automobile illustration. This one will feature an older Dodge Challenger convertible and is being created for my husband to display in his office at Dodge here in Jackson, TN.

Today I'm finishing the yellow collared Macaw painting and then will begin work on the Catalina Macaw. After that one is complete, I will choose one more bird to complete my first series of 6 birds. At some point, the series of 6 will be reproduced as greeting card sets (thanks Rachel for that grand idea!) and will be available for sale online and at the gallery here in Jackson.

Well, back to the studio to get some painting done! It's a beautiful day to get creative! :)

Jai

No comments: