Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Discussion...Parrot Painting in Progress

I just discovered the point when my art thrills me the most - when a living creature begins to come to life.

As you can see by my painting in progress (click on it to see a larger photo), the Greenwing Macaw on the right is still basically "faceless", other than some faint outlining. The Blue and Gold Macaw on the left was the same way until just a few moments ago. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I decided to begin work on his face. Suddenly, he is coming to life right before my eyes! And THAT is when I felt the adrenaline rush I get from doing this work.

To me, there is nothing more satisfying than bringing a living creature to life on paper. It's almost like a birth. Every day, I am blessed to birth living beings into the world in artistic format. Wow. It's mind-boggling. It's exciting. It's very, very powerful. Wow wow wow.

This painting is titled "The Discussion", and after completion, it will be framed and available at the Dickson Gallery of Fine Art in Jackson. It will probably be a 16x20 when matted and framed. I'm not totally sure on that yet, but I'm guessing that's what I'll go with as far as size.

Jai

No comments: