Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Maltese Pendant, & Dream Seeker series...jewels and paintings!

There's lots to see here today! First off, I started by making the Maltese sculpted art bead. This is a bit different than my previous sculpted beads in that I shaped the bead as a lentil focal, and I put a golden paw design on the back. I really like the feel and look of the lentil beads, so I decided to try it for the Maltese and I love it!

Then I began playing with the purple hues from the Maltese bead...and I further developed those and paired the purples with lime green, black and white in the lentil bead necklace you see here titled "Dream Seeker". From there, I went on and created more miniature abstract polymer paintings using two variations of the same pattern.

These 3 paintings can be displayed together, or separately. The pattern variations are small, so they can go either way.

Notice in the larger Dream Seeker painting, I have added genuine gold leaf in the design. Also - not sure if you can see it - BUT - I see a horse/zebra/creature of some sort image which developed in the pattern - how about that for COOL? :)

All of these pieces are on Ebay this week. Here's the link to go place your bids.

Thanks for stopping in!

Jai

No comments: