Friday, March 10, 2006

How FUN! Art & Banking Go Hand in Hand Last Night

Art & banking went hand in hand last night as we all got together at First Tennessee Bank in Jackson, TN for a splendid showing of local art and mingling with the public.

I arrived at 6:30 and within minutes was showing off my new toy Scott got me - everyone loved that, and the bank ladies liked what they saw so much, they offered me a nearby desk to unload my bag and share my jewels with visitors. There were lots of oohs and ahhs, sales, and some potential custom orders as a result. We all shared wine and cheese, too!

Weather was a holdback - Jackson had some nasty storms yesterday and tornado warnings abounded, so the crowd was less than expected. But those of us who did attend had a blast!

I met several interesting people, including Lana, a wonderful, vibrant lady reporter for VIP magazine, who took photos of me with the jewels and shot individual photos of a piece of jewelry as well. She had on quite the colorful blouse with a cool pattern and I believe I'll make a Coloresque Medallion in the same colors, since it was so eye-catching. Of course, that one will be named "Lana" (hope I'm spelling her name right!).

Rachel Dickson, owner of the Dickson Gallery of Fine Art, did a fabulous job of pulling this all together. All the wonderful artwork really dressed up the bank with color and style! Several selections will remain there at the bank for about a week for bank visitors to admire, and hopefully purchase.

All in all, it was great fun! I think First Tennessee is the first bank to ever host such an event here. Kudos to them for doing this! :)

Jai

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: