Thursday, December 04, 2008

Tropical Aves & Flora...the Rebirth of a Polymer Clay museum quality necklace

I know many of you who have followed my blog since the beginning will remember this incredible necklace. Each bead formed from polymer clay, hand carved, then "painted" with hand-tinted liquid polymer clay...multiple firings for each bead...as they had to be worked on one side...one part...at a time to set the polymer clay. This necklace was made in 2005. It's still here today - here are some updated photos to show you how lovely it looks after all of these years:




Reviewing these photos makes me wish I could still work in polymer. I loved the medium. Sigh.

As of today, the necklace...which took 184 hours to make...is now up on Etsy.Com. Click here to see the listing and review more photos. Click here to see the original adventure of this necklace. Some of the old photos are gone from my first post in its evolution, but the others are still in each blog post. Enjoy. :)

No comments: