Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Amethyst & Red Jade Ring...Teal Blue Chandelier Earrings

My daughter Allyson made these pretty teal blue and pearl chandelier hoop earrings this week. I love this color blue...and I love the movement of the earrings.

I finished this woven wire ring last night. It has an amethyst teardrop for a centerpiece, and is accented with red jade and freshwater pearls. It only took about 3 hours...LOL...2 hours of trying to do it using another technique and getting frustrated, and then 1 hour of working it in a freeform technique. I've decided I like freeform better. :) You will probably see more of that type of work from me in 2009. It's time to let go of control and allow the jewelry to form itself. :)

Now I'm off to the studio to make my annual Christmas tree jewel. On Christmas Eve each year, I made either a pendant or brooch. This year, it will be a pendant. Here's my pendant from a couple of years ago --> Click here. I have no clue how I'm going to fashion my Christmas tree jewel this year...or what color stones...or even what color wire. Whatever the muse says when I get down to the studio will rule. :) You'll see tomorrow...as I will upload it here.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: