Thursday, August 04, 2005

5 Lovely Ladies....Ladybug art necklace!

Oh, I think this piece just turned out so neat because it's REVERSIBLE! Totally by accident - I mean, I was accidentally NOT thinking about it being reversible when I designed the necklace. Here's a small photo:




The full version can be seen in the gallery here: http://www.michelejanine.com/jaisgallery.html

More news......I'm closing down my store at ShopPal. I haven't had a sale since May 1, and that was to a regular customer who actually just bought from me without going through my store. So I really don't see the point in keeping it. I have enough inventory up, I lowered my prices 2 months ago, held a contest to get traffic to the site, and people always tell me my work is great. So I don't know what the problem is with the sales...but I figure why pay for something if it's not even being used? From now on, I'm going to put my new work up on my new site design, and just have people email me if they would like to purchase.

I just think artistic jewelry like I am making now is a very specialized field and buyers who like this type of jewelry are very rare. And when one person does decide they like the one of a kind collectible pieces, they tend to buy a lot. But there's not a lot of separate customers, so to speak.

Who knows...I might even try EBAY again. It's been 8 months since I sold on there, but maybe this fall I will put a few of the simple carved bead pendants I'm doing on there just to see what happens.

Oh well, off to eat some chips and cheese - I've saved up my calories all day for this! :)

No comments: