Saturday, January 31, 2009

Red Eyed Tree Frog Figural Brooch

I worried the entire time while I was making this red-eyed tree frog brooch. Worried I'd run out of malachite beads. I was running soooooooo low on them. I posted about it on twitter the entire time I was working on it.


My eyes were so tired last night, I couldn't finish him. But I was dying to know if I had enough beads to make it....


I was praying this morning. It went something like this: "Dear God, please let me have enough malachite beads to finish this frog. If I don't have enough beads, I know I'll find myself in the car on the way to Hobby Lobby to see if they have any. I know if I get up to Hobby Lobby, I'll end up taking our grocery money and spending it on more beads, because, as you know, God, I have a serious addiction to beads. If anyone can work miracles, YOU can. Please work a miracle for me!"


As I was continuing to weave beads through his body and legs this morning, I found 4 beads with misdrilled holes. They had to be put to the side...they couldn't be used. To say I was holding my breath as I got to the end is an understatement!


When I finished, I had 4 beads left...the 4 that were misdrilled that I'd put off to the side. Tell me that's not a miracle! I've never had the *exact* amount of beads to finish a project!


I love red eyed tree frogs. They bring happiness and joy to one's life. This one can bring happiness and joy to your life. All you have to do is be the first one to go here and purchase him. He is a one of a kind.


1 comment:

Yazmin said...

Hah! That is a miracle indeed! Glad you were able to finish it with out a trip to Hobby Lobby.

I'm glad to say I've been able to avoid the HL myself and not spend our money at the wrong place, so I know how you felt. :)