Friday, May 19, 2006

What a week!

It's been one of "those" weeks. I haven't had one in a long time. I can definitely say this....weeks like this with strife and turmoil is exactly why I like to lose myself in painting. Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad.....and I just don't like to deal with people and their coldness, negativity, cruelness, etc. So I bury myself in painting to escape. And when I'm finished, I actually have something of beauty to offer the world. It's certainly a lot better than taking all the crap in and dishing it back out to others. Why compound the problems? Plus the rule of Karma is basically "what you give out comes back". I don't want to dish out ugly stuff and have it come back to me later. No thanks!

This week I've been working on a surreal piece of art titled "Sea Play". I'm almost done with it, but it's taking a long time because it's a large piece - 18" x 24" right now. Covering that much space using watercolor pencil is a long and tedious task, especially to get the richness of color I like in my work. The bolder, the brighter, the richer the colors, the more pleased I am with the work. I love the light and airy look watercolor can create, but for me, I prefer to paint a very vibrant piece - very deep in color - layer upon layer upon layer.

This week I also took a bold step and am offering some of my $10 mini prints on Ebay for only 99 cents. I thought it would be a good way to introduce people to my work. Go here to check out the listings if you would like.

I've got an extremely busy weekend with "other stuff". I'm about ready to take a sabbatical for a month and do nothing but paint. These days, if I get too busy with "things", I tend to get very stressed. And stress does me and everyone else around me NO GOOD! So it might be time to just disappear for a while into my work and stop all the "busy-ness" of life.

Jai

No comments: