Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"Smiling Iris" painting

Just finished this new painting I've titled "Smiling Iris", featuring a beautiful bouquet with a purple iris in the center. (it looks blue on the screen, but it's more purple in person!).

With this piece I was refining a grisaille technique I've been using on my work. I made the gray undertones a bit darker, therefore it gives the work more depth in my opinion. I'm getting ready to start on a cockatiel painting using the same adjustments to my technique - keep your fingers crossed for me!

The original painting, which is a 5x7 piece, is on Ebay this week - click here to bid.

For signed and numbered limited edition prints:



Artist Signed, Limited Edition (100) Museum Quality Print, Size 15"x22"
• Ultra-premium, moisture resistant watercolor paper
• Textured, with a matte finish
• Imprinted with UV-resistant archival inks (100+ years of fade resistance when displayed indoors and protected from direct sunlight) to create vibrant, long-lasting art
• Signed by the artist and numbered (i.e. "1/100", "2/100", etc)
• $90.00 (includes shipping)




Artist Signed, Open Edition, Museum Quality Print, Size 5.5"x 8.5"
•Acid & lignin free 140 lb premium watercolor paper
•Printed with DuraBrite Ulta Inks, offering up to 100 years of fade resistance & light fastness.
•Waterproof
•5.5" x 8.5" in size, suitable for mounting in any mat with a 5" x 7" opening (actual opening size of 4.5" x 6.5"). Actual print size is 4.5" x 6.5" to fit nicely in the mat opening.
•Signed using waterproof, lightfast professional black ink
•Your print featuring the original watercolor pencil artwork of Jai Johnson will be cherished for years to come!
• $10.00 (includes shipping)



Unsigned, open edition fine art prints (plain or framed and matted), greeting cards, and stamps featuring this artwork can be ordered here via my publisher.

Jai

No comments: