Saturday, May 13, 2006

This Ole Truck, Rusty Dodge Truck Painting

Wow.....what a time I had with this piece! When I was at the gallery last week, a fellow artist, Roy Elmer, told me "rust isn't as easy as people think". Boy! Was he right! This painting took about 10-12 hours a day this week - 7 days! I'm really happy with how it turned out. The original, which is matted and framed, will be on display at Gary Mathews Auto Mall in Jackson, TN for a while. (in the Dodge department, of course!)

On my site, I am offering the limited edition signed/numbered prints, the open edition signed miniature prints, and by tomorrow, I'll have the note card set up which will feature this image.

Lots of changes are in the works here. Since the jewelry I've listed at Coloresque.Com hasn't really "worked", I've decided to change the focus of the site. I'll still have a category for the jewelry which is currently up there, but the site is now going to focus on limited edition, signed/numbered, gallery wrapped canvas prints of my work. I'm working on making those changes now. "Coloresque" means "infused with color", which I feel my work certainly is!

Also, I feel I've been holding back on my creations, and will be returning to my surreal art pieces, such as "Evolution", only much more involved and deeper. I will, of course, still do realistic pieces and custom orders, but my main focus will be on surreal art with an erotic/sensual feel.

Anyway, back to work here on the Coloresque site and the note card design....I'll make another post when those are ready to view!

Jai

No comments: