Monday, January 09, 2006

Getting Ready for Venus Soiree!

"Venus Soiree" is the name which has been selected by Rachel for the fine art jewelry show I'll be participating in at the Dickson Gallery in Jackson, TN on January 27. She has also elected to extend the jewelry show over into Saturday the 28th - woohoo! The official "soiree" will be Friday evening from 7-9, but I'll also be there on Saturday to visit with customers. :)


In preparation for the big event, I've been struggling with heart designs. I've FINALLY come up with a unique design - sculpted heart pendants with flowers and berries - all with genuine gold leaf sprinkled through the background. How COOL are these?

My inspiration comes from lampwork beads. I've worked all weekend on coming up with something which would be fun, colorful, different and unique. These don't take as long to create as the cloisonne pieces I've been doing, therefore they can be priced lower and I'll hopefully reach a wider market with my art jewelry. Above you see 2 of my first heart pendants I've completed yesterday. Click here for more details on either of these, or to purchase.

This design here is a vessel shaped pendant/necklace with accent beads, and matching pierced earrings. As you can tell, I was thinking GREEN and managed to get a really cool mix of jade coloring with the polymer. Click here for more details on this set.

This was a fun set to make - but then I feel that way about most of the jewels I create - what's the point in doing them if they aren't FUN, right? :)

If you'll be near the Jackson, TN area at the end of this month, I'd love it if you'd come by the show on the 27th and 28th to say hello! There is a map on the Dickson Gallery website.

Jai

No comments: