Thursday, October 06, 2005

Me? A Gallery Represented Artist?

I know I haven't posted since Saturday, but I've been just a tad busy here. I received an email from the owner of The Dickson Gallery of Fine Art here in Jackson, TN. She asked to see my art jewelry...and one thing led to another and now a big selection of my jewelry is available at the gallery! Hooray!

I didn't even know this wonderful gallery existed downtown (just 2 miles from my home!). I know, I know, I don't get out much. Since the tornados wiped out a big part of downtown Jackson several years ago, there has been quite a bit of rebuilding going on and remodeling. I knew that much. I just haven't been down there to explore, because most of the time I have my head buried in making jewelry down in my studio.

So when Rachel Dickson contacted me, I decided to go down and check things out. All I can say is WOW! I knew about another art gallery which opened downtown several years ago...one which does not carry local artists. I didn't know about the Dickson Gallery...which ONLY carries artists from this area. And boy oh boy, is there some WONDERFUL work there! One of my all time favorites from the area...Janice Sumler...has her original florals in the gallery. And another artist whose work I have also seen around and I admire...florals by Harriet Sells. I met Ms. Sells yesterday - what a nice lady - and so very talented!

I am just stunned my jewelry is now in the company of such fine artisans. I feel so blessed this has happened, as the internet sales have been soooooooo slow lately, yet when people see my jewelry IN PERSON they go nuts over it. This arrangement now gives my jewelry the opportunity to be seen in person.

Speaking of my jewels being seen in person, I wore FOCUSED yesterday when I took my daughter to her riding lesson. The stable owner, Sue Jacks at Dogwood Stables here in Jackson, went NUTS over this cat pendant/brooch and she wants me to do some smaller pendants with horses for an awards dinner she is having in November....12 horse pendants! I told her I'd create one before next Tuesday and bring it to her and see if she likes it, then work out details on pricing, etc. Thank goodness I spent most of my youth drawing and sketching horses!

So it's been a busy week here. I have another piece of GRAND news to share, but I'll put that in a separate post as this one is getting rather long.

Jai

No comments: