Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pretty as a peacock...elegant as a black cat....patterned by nature


Beautiful colors of teal blue, green and black present themselves in this teardrop peacock chrysocolla jasper pendant I just completed.


A friend of mine suggested I try a scrimshaw silhouette...so here it is, an abstract, elegant, black cat design. I used mostly stippling work on this pendant, and only black for the color. My Tagua nut slices arrived this week, so next week I hope to have a scrimshaw design completed on one of them. My first challenge? A hamster portrait. Well...I have a lot of hamster miniature art collectors...perhaps they might enjoy a hamster pendant? :)

And here we have an oval fossil coral bead. I got a whole strand of these and the patterns in each bead are different, making each unique and one of a kind. I love the colors - very earthy and rich.

All of these are available at JaiArt.Com.

No comments: