Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's an "Other" Day

There's nothing I enjoy more than digging through vintage parts, pieces, and components, and looking for something I can use to reconfigure into new jewelry. That's what I spent my day doing today. This first pendant features a rare vintage mosaic of a lion, with mother of pearl eyes. I'm not sure what the material is...it feels like plastic to me, but the top is actually layered on top of black. It's very lightweight. I was really worried about soldering it, because I thought heat+plastic=mess! However, this took it very well...so I believe it's different than "regular" plastic. It turned out beautiful! The lion used to be an earring and the earring back was long gone, leaving a mark where it had been glued on. I couldn't let this beautiful lion go to waste...and now he has a new life. :)


The second piece I made has a large oval emerald green faceted glass vintage stone. I believe this was out of a bracelet original. I bet it was one fabulous bracelet too, because this stone is large and gorgeous! Definitely an elegant and glitzy showstopper.


The next pendant features a stone I've had for over 10 years. It's a vintage triangular-shaped harlequin glass opal. I love this stone...and I was waiting for just the right moment to give it new life. Today was the day for this one too!


The pendant below features a vintage piece of abalone shell in an abstract shape. It has a very unique look, and I love the way it turned out!


And finally, I had to create a pendant using this black cat porcelain cabochon. It looks a lot like my own black cat, Pistol, especially since it has green eyes like his.


All of these jewels and more are available on the NEW http://www.JaiArt.Com website.

No comments: