Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Cats...gotta love 'em!

So yesterday I finished two new mini paintings, and I decided to do a few domestic cat paintings. Cats are so funny...I love 'em! I was about halfway through the first painting and the storm started. Lightning and thunder galore!

So I decide I better take the dogs out to go potty before the rain arrived, as it was clearly on the way and gonna be a big one. I let the dogs out and Max promptly zips around the front of the house and chases Boots (a young stray female who's taken residence at our place - shown here with my daughter) up the huge tree out front. The bottom falls out of the sky and we rush back inside.

After the rain stopped, I go out front and Boots is still up in the tree - acting, of course, like she can't get down. Just cryin' and cryin'. So I get both kids out there to help me coax her down. She likes kids better than adults. So here the 3 of us are in the dark sweet talking her, telling her "Come on Bootsie...you can do it!". Finally she hooks her claws in the tree and eases down backwards. What a funny site...I wish I'd have had a video camera! So she gets down to safety and she's soaking wet. I sent my son inside for a towel so we could dry her off. She promptly goes back to eating her food, purring the whole time.


Here's my indoor cat. His name is Pistol - and boy is that appropriate for him! He's shown here with a hairdryer...of COURSE he isn't planning on messing with it....ahem. :)


Here's another shot of him. This is something he does regularly. He has this favorite set of kitchen cabinets, pops the doors open with his foot, looks around to see if anyone is watching, and then sneaks inside. This time, my daughter caught him on camera. The sneaky little devil!

When we go out sometimes, we'll come home and find about 4 cabinet doors all standing wide open. It took me about a month after moving here to figure out what the heck was going on. I know I didn't leave those cabinets open. PISTOL!

And here's Max. That darn cat...he gets away with everything and I can't get away with anything!

Today it's back to the grindstone to try to finish *4* cat ACEO's. Maybe I'll actually get them done today as planned and have something cool to share later.

InJoy,
Jai

No comments: