Thursday, April 17, 2008

Are you a busy bluebird?

A series of illustrative art, inspired by all those people who think because I work "at home" that I sit around doing nothing all day. My work day starts at 5:30 am and ends at 9 pm. Just because I'm not "rich" and cannot pay all of my bills off my efforts yet, doesn't mean I'm not working and giving it my all. I'm sure there are many of you who also work at home, and/or have the full-time job of raising children, who get what I'm talking about here.

This is the first miniature painting (ACEO) in my Busy Bluebird Series of illustrations. Belle is the featured bluebird, and here is what she has to say:

"So you think a bird’s life is easy, huh? Think again. My name’s Belle and I’ve decided to write my life story. I’m calling it The Busy Bluebird, because it describes my life to a "T". I’ll have you know, I don’t just sit around chirping and eating seeds all day. I’ve got about 212 kids to date, and that’s a lot of responsibility. If I’m not cleaning up bird poop or shopping for fresh worms, I’m preening feathers, teaching the facts of life and how to stay safe in this world, running here and running there, nursing this one, scolding that one, escaping the neighborhood cats, building another nest, fixing the nesting box, marrying off this one, birdsitting for that one...and so forth and so on. I barely have time to get a bath or sit on the porch with Aunt Sadie and Grandma Lou for a visit anymore! And I can’t tell you the last time I went to the Bluebird Cafe to have coffee with the girls. Phew! Just call me the queen of multi-tasking. Welcome to my world! --Belle the Busy Bluebird"

I just LOVE doing illustrative work like this. It takes longer than a simple portrait style piece of art, but it's so rewarding, and it gives me an opportunity to say things through my art.

You can bid on this original art this week on Ebay by clicking here.

You can purchase this art on merchandise here.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

InJoy,
Jai

No comments: