Sunday, June 17, 2007

What's New & 222

Good morning all. Today I plan on beginning my next painting. Picked up some larger paper on Friday, so I can work a little bigger, which I think will help. I don't want to work TOO BIG though since I'm working in color pencil. The paper size is 14x17 (previously I had completed paintings on 9x12 and 11x14)...it will probably be a pain to scan it, but I managed to get it done with the 11x14 by scanning 2 sections and putting them together with PSP, so I'm assuming I might have to scan the 14x17 in 4 sections.

I'm not sure what I'm going to call this one...the name which came to mind right off the bat is "Looking for Mr. Right". LOL You'll see why when I get it done. :)

I listed a bunch of auctions on Ebay yesterday. In fact, I'll be listing everything and anything I can get my hands on each week now. Yep, I'm going back to raising money on Ebay. I'm in a tenuous situation here at home, and in order to further my art career, maintain whatever sanity I have left, and get out of this situation, I need to make my own money again and the sooner the better! I have a feeling when I can make these changes to my personal life, you'll see vast improvements in my work, a clearer head as to the direction of the types of works I want to do, and a happier and healthier person. There's just no sense continuing to live in this adversity, and I refuse to do it anymore. It's time for a change!

I decided to list on Wed. & Saturdays. I'm not going to list every day like I used to - I wouldn't have time for my art if I did! But 2 days a week won't be so hard on me. Friday when I was getting my new paper for my art, my change from the cashier was $2.22. Amazing! See, "2" is my lucky number. Also "22" and "222" have always been lucky for me. So I knew then when I got that $2.22 back in change, something good was going to happen. Had a hell of a night Friday night here at home, but something good came out of it - my perspective on my life is clearer now, and I know what I have to do to get back on track.

So, on Saturday, I listed 20 auctions, and since I already had 2 auctions for prints listed, that brought me to "22" - lucky number! I also put the "22" in my pricing, hoping it will bring me luck. :) It appears to be doing so, as I already have several bids and a lot of people watching. I listed some collectibles, a signed and numbered framed magnolia print by Jack Deloney (which is GORGEOUS!), an odd looking brass deer figure, which is actually a trinket box, some of my original artworks from 2006 and several pieces of my polymer clay fine art jewelry. So there's a variety of items to choose from, and on Wed. I will list another batch of items if all goes well. In the meantime, I am beginning my next painting.

So that's my life in a nutshell.

Jai

No comments: