Friday, July 01, 2005

2 New sculptures!

Wow - I can't believe it's been since SUNDAY since I posted here. I've had a busy week. Allyson has been at horse camp all week and my son has kept me extremely busy. On top of that, I've driven myself crazy trying to sculpt a full body figure. UGH. I never realized how hard it would be. So I tossed her aside and worked on 2 new projects:






These are hand carved translucent polymer. I carve the design in the raw clay, add my coloring, then fire. Then I glaze the pieces and fire again. As you can see, they are very tiny. They will be great for any collection, though, and also for dollhouses! I can picture them as accent decor or entry sculptures in a finely crafted dollhouse. Or maybe even in shadow box scenes. I've put them in the shop and also listed them on auction at ArtbyUs.Com. The sculpture category is wide open there, so I plan on filling it up with my original works!

I'm looking for some larger blocks of translucent clay I purchase to do very large carved sculptures. So far, all I have been able to find in the kind I use are the 2 oz blocks. I'm not giving up though! Let me know what you think of these. :)

No comments: