Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The right workspace makes a huge difference

The right workspace definitely has made a difference in my productivity *and* creativity already. Yesterday I managed to get *3* new pieces completed.

This first piece is a 3D carved racing frog art bead. This was my first 3D (others I have done are 2D). It was inspired when my brother was asking about personalized plate names for his car (a Dodge Neon SRT4 racing car, which happens to be an orange color). I suggested the name "Blazin" to go on the plate, because the car is fast and it's also orange, which reminds me of fire, which "blazes". And then mentally I tied it in to the frog bead idea I had floating around. This is what I came up with (click photo for larger view and more pictures):




That bead took 2 days to complete, but it's one of the coolest I've done yet! I had also been tossing around the idea of a Plumeria flower bead, with the flower carved on each side of the bead:



And then I entertained the idea of a plumeria floral pendant. I have some 14K gold filled bezel wire, so I decided to make my own setting from it, and then create the art to fit in the setting. This is what I came up with:



All of this creativity stemmed from having the right work area. It was SO PLEASANT working down there yesterday. And boy, did I get more exercise going up and down those stairs several times more throughout the day than normal!

Also, I've lost another 1/2 pound...I'm at 147 and have 12 pounds to go to my goal weight. I firmly believe eating breakfast first thing, and making it a good one (it's around 500 calories, leaving me only 700 calories spread theough the rest of the day), is essential. Once again, I had more energy yesterday than I have had in a LONG LONG time. I was on the move from 7 am yesterday with working and doing other things around here, until 9pm last night. Didn't get tired once. And then today I've lost another 1/2 pound. So needless to say, after I wake up with some coffee, I'll be eating a good breakfast again!

Later...off to find coffee! :)

No comments: