Thursday, July 21, 2005

Does tuna fish help you lose weight?

Apparently it does, because every time I include tuna fish in my daily food intake, I lose a little more weight. After 3 days of creeping up on the scale (eating the right calories and exercising every day, including a 4 hour lawn mowing session on Tuesday), I sat down last night with some tuna fish. Got up this morning and the extra 2 pounds are gone along with another 1/2 a pound. Now I'm at 149.5. Remember, my goal weight is 135. So I'm getting closer!

Now I do like tuna fish - I just haven't been able to eat it *every day* and I also can't figure out WHY it helps a person to lose weight. Regardless, it works, so I'll eat it. But sometimes I get bored with it. As was the case last night. So I decided to see what I could do to spruce it up. I came up with a quick little recipe here that offers a full belly and only a mere 205 calories!

I call this a "summer tuna mix" because I did it it cold...it's very hot here right now. You will need to mix up:

1 can of tuna fish packed in water (150 calories)
1 small-medium tomato, cut up (25 calories)
1 TBSP Kroger brand 30 minute mariande, the Herb, Garlic, and Lemon Juice Flavor) (10 calories)
2 TSP grated parmesan cheese (20 calories)

Stir it all up and enjoy! It was quite tasty with the addition of the herb/garlic/lemon marinande, and filling too! I did add 5 Triscuit crackers (original flavor, 20 calories each) with my tuna mix because I was craving something crunchy and I had room in my calorie budget for them. But the tuna mix was fine by itself, too.

Enjoy!

No comments: