Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Life Update from Jai

Good evening. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello on this blog. I got a new pup for Christmas - here's a painting I did featuring him titled "The Observer". So I've been really busy with him since the holidays.

His call name is Max, and yes, he's a German Shepherd. After 29 years, I've finally got the breed I wanted! And he's quite smart and quite protective. Once he's grown, I will no longer have to worry about people getting in my car to steal my hard-earned money, and no longer will I have to worry about being harrassed on walks. He's only 13 weeks, and already people hesitate to approach unless I say it's okay. Suits me fine! It was either get a gun, or get a guard dog. Although I can and have fired a gun, I'm find them to be inanimate and cold objects, which wouldn't add NEAR the joy to my life an animal would. So I opted for the guard dog, who can also be a companion for my family. And loyal....oh yes! You want loyalty, admiration, respect, consideration, and acceptance for who you are? Get a dog. Seriously! I've had people ask me about my brother and what's happening there...I haven't heard from him since I went to FL in June, he hasn't contacted me at all since he screwed up his life and deserted his son completely. So I tell those people now, I don't have a brother anymore I guess. But I have a dog! And I tell you what, this is much more rewarding than most of my relationships! I guess that might sound pretty sorry....but hey, IT IS WHAT IT IS. People in my real life have treated me like crap, not-respected me, used and abused me, and stepped on me or pushed me aside like I was nothing. Now folks.....now I am SOMETHING to SOMEONE. Even if it is a 4-legged friend! (which in my book, takes the cake hands down to the majority of my "people" relationships!)

As for other new things, in addition to my digital art, I'm also beginning painting on a new surface, and in a new manner. I find myself getting so anal and particular about my work, and I wanted to do something just for fun. So I've begun some impressionist work in miniature and not on a traditional canvas or support. I'll wait until I have a photo ready of one to show before I share that. :) Yes, I love keeping people in suspense, and no, I'm not painting with polymer clay this time. :)

Hope all is well with all of you,
Jai

P.S. In case you're wondering about the A Ring A Day blog...first of all, there seemed to be little interest in it at all, and then since my new family member came aboard, he takes precendence.

No comments: