Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baby Bluebird painting


Fresh from the studio, "Young Voice", a 3x4" miniature painting featuring a baby bluebird. I tried a little different technique on this painting to get a smoother surface. It worked very well! The canvas texture still shows a little bit, but when compared to my other pieces, this one definitely has a smoother look and texture. It's a little more time consuming, but I think the end result is fabulous. :)

Young Voice can be purchased on my website here, and is available on a variety of products in my online gift shop here.

On a side note, I ended up going to the doctor yesterday because I still wasn't well. Turns out I have a very intense sinus infection. So far, the medicines aren't making any difference, but I hope by the end of the week I'll start feeling better. Otherwise I'll be going back to the doc or possibly have to be hospitalized - and with no health insurance, that gets rather expensive. Plus I've missed one week of work already, and I'll probably end up missing the rest of this week unless something drastically good happens by morning.

I'd appreciate your prayers and good thoughts....I'm so tired of my head pounding. This has been going on for months now and it finally got so bad last week with the high fevers, I broke down and went to the doctor. She gave me a really strong antibiotic and some other things, but I think it's just set in there so bad, it's going to take them a while to have any noticeable effect. I certainly don't want to have to go back to the hospital again. Sigh.

InJoy,
Jai

No comments: